Adding a local IMAP CC Comm email account to Outlook on a IOS device such as a IPhone or IPad
With mobile devices like phones or tablets, it is recommended to use the SMTP2 outgoing mail server. Please send an email to a CC Communications technician with your email address for the SMTP2 account setup. The SMTP2 password will be sent to you after your account is set up on the SMTP server.
- Open Outlook on the mobile device.
- In the upper left-hand side of the screen you will see three small lines.
Click on the lines.
- Click on the Gear Icon in the lower left corner.
- Click on Add Account
- Click on Add Email Account
- Enter the full email address.
- Click Add Account.
- Select IMAP.
- Slide the button that says use Advanced Settings to the right.
- Enter the full email address
- Enter a Display Name
- Enter a description if you like
Click Sign in
A screen appears advising a secure connection is unavailable, would you like to connect anyway. Ignore this warning and Click on Login
This message might appear twice, if it does, click on Login both times
The account will then be setup.