Outlook 2013-2007 Manual Setup for POP
The following are instructions for setting up Microsoft Outlook 2013 to send and receive email for an email mailbox you’ve created.
You can use our Outlook 2013 IMAP setup instructions to manually configure your mailbox as IMAP.
1. Open the Microsoft Outlook program
Click on the Start menu to open Outlook 2013. If you do not have an Outlook account, you will be prompted to create a new account. If you already have an Outlook account, go to step 2.
If an Outlook prompt to open an account does not appear,
Click on the File tab:
Select Info and click the Add Account button:
2. The “Auto Account Setup” window appears
When this window appears, leave the spaces empty, choose the Manually configure server settings or additional server types option, then click Next.
3. The “Choose Service” window appears.
Choose POP, then click Next
4. The “POP Account Settings” window appears.
This is the window where you’ll enter most of your account settings. You want the window to look like this:
- “Your Name” is the name that other people will see when you send them email. It should usually be your real name, such as Bill Gates or Joan of Arc.
- Enter your “Email Address”.
- For “Account Type”, choose POP3.
- Enter pop3.phonewave.net for the Incoming mail server and smtp.phonewave.net for the Outgoing mail server (SMTP).
- Enter your username, the first part of your email address. For example, ff you email is "firstname.lastname@example.org", enter "username" without @email.com. (The user name must be all lowercase).
- Type your email password into the “Password” box.
- Make sure that “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” is not checked.
- Do not click “Test Account Settings” or “Next” yet; they will not work until you complete the next steps.
5. View “More Settings”
If setting up a mobile device, click the More Settings button. A new “Internet E-mail Settings” window appears.
6. Choose the “Advanced” tab.
Click the “Advanced” tab, then:
- Do Not check mark This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Port number for POP3 should be 110
- Port number for SMTP should be 25.
- Set Use the following type of encrypted connection to SSL.
- Those parts of the window should look like this:
Those parts of the window should look like this:
7. Close the "internet E-mail settings" window
Click OK to close the “Internet E-mail Settings” window. The “Add New Account” window will still be visible.
8. Test the settings.
Click Next. Outlook should tell you that “all tests completed successfully”:
If Outlook tells you a test failed, double-check to be sure you’ve entered the settings correctly.
9. Finish the wizard
If the “Test Account Settings” window is still open, click Close to continue.
Click Finish to finish the wizard.
Outlook setup is complete
You’re finished! Try sending yourself a test email message to make sure it works.